Yields: 2 portions Difficulty: Easy Prep Time: 20 Mins
- Mango mousse
- Heat almond milk with coconut milk and agave syrup. The easiest and fastest in the microwave.
- Add chia seeds to warm (but not hot) milk and mix well.
- Put the mixture into the fridge for at least 3-4 hours or preferably over night.
- Peel the mango and remove the stone. Blend the pulp together with two tablespoons of agave syrup.
- Place chia seed pudding on the bottom of a dessert cup and add layer of mango mousse on top.
Chia or salvia hispanica seeds are a rich source of antioxidants, vitamins and minerals. The nutrient-rich seeds are also good source of fibre, proteins and omega-3 essential fatty acids. Chia is made of about 32% of fibre and 20% of protein. It also contains a decent amount of calcium, manganese, magnesium, zinc, vitamin B1, B3 and B12. This makes them one of the most nutritious foods on the planet. That's the reason why chia seeds are referred to as a "super-food" or functional food.